This is Grace's attitude about Kindergarden. She couldn't be more excited. The first day was great, but then Tues. morning wasn't quite as fun...and then Wed. morning I was dragging her out of bed, and I got, "Mom, I don't want to go to school." Already, by the third day...I thought the smiles would last longer? I asked her why and she said..."Well it's boring just learning about rules and I think Gavin will miss me too much if I go today." Luckily Wednesday was filled with lots of fun, learning, playing, making friends, and she even got her first homework assignment. She is in heaven and back on cloud 9...thank goodness. Some of the highlights that I have gotten from Grace her first week:
"I love P.E."
"I can do pushups, Mom"
"I sit next to Jolie at lunch. She is my best friend in class, and she fell today and scrapped her knee and got a Handy Manny band-aid."
"Mom, I got five compliments and got to pick out of the treasure box and I picked a jump rope for me and Perry."--(can't wait to see Perry take advantage of her new treasure:)
"I so love art...I just do."
"We are making gingerbread men...and when we were cooking it, it came alive and ran away...I am really in the story. Tomorrow we are going to go look for him!"
"I was on track today, but this is so sad...Kalel was thowing a tantrum and kicking his feet and crying and he got in the pits...poor thing."
"I was on track today, but this is so sad...Kalel was thowing a tantrum and kicking his feet and crying and he got in the pits...poor thing."
(world's greatest kindergarten teacher and mommies saving grace...no pun intended...I was so worried about gracie being gone all day, every day and now I know she is in wonderful hands.)
meet for the first time (the Friday before school started)






5 comments:
She is adorable as always and I loved the quotes from her...just priceless!
What a blast. Ben's in week one and he was excited to do " Specials" today. Good to see you post again
Awww! They are growing up to fast!!!
Awww my little Gracie Poo... so big!
Big girl!
Post a Comment