I have been having a problem staying at the gym lately because of a really attached coppertop. Gavin is going thru that separation anxiety stage, and has been for a few months now. Grace went thru this same thing and I can even remember her doing it at Gold's too. The staff there made a comment the first time Gavin was having a problem, "I remember Grace doing this same thing." I replied, "ya, me too" and was thinking 'do other kids do this too, or just mine?' I guess it is comforting knowing it will pass. Grace loves the gym now!
Bye, Bye GymI have tried four times in the past two months or so to try and go to the gym with the kids, and as soon as I pass him over to the girls he starts crying like he is being tortured or something. It is so hard to leave, but I know he is okay. I go and ride the bike and kind of keep an eye on him on the monitors. After a few minutes I am being greeted by one of the girls telling me he will not calm down. The second time this happened I was in a Yoga class and they had to come in and get me. I hate when this happens in a class. I played with him on the floor in the kiddie area to tried and get him acclimated and distracted. It was not working, so we left. The third time I sat and played with him from the get go and he still would not let me leave. The staff had to come and tell me that I could only be in there for 10 min. and had to leave the kiddie area soon. We decided to leave. The fourth time...same story. With Grace I just had to keep taking her and eventually she was okay; it's not working so good with Gav. Perhaps he is a little more stubborn than his sister. I hate wasting away my membership, but Gavin really does not like the gym.
I have gone at night when Randy gets home, and he has watched the little guy, but it would be nice if we could both go. I guess for now I have an attatched coppertop. Hanging out with my buddy isn't so bad. 
This is his favorite way of sitting lately; it's so cute.
Mom check this out!
He's also really LOVES books.
He is trying to reach into the book and grab the animals.






3 comments:
I know how hard the attachment thing can be... thank goodness for daddy's ;).
Poor Gavyn. I know you are frustrated.
OK, we can help with this problem. He seems to do fine for this babysitting crew. Call us and we'll work something out while you work out. ;-)
Post a Comment