Saturday, August 9, 2008

One World One Dream


One World One Dream


We really enjoyed watching the Olympic Games opening ceremony last night. Beijing really went all out and it was impressive to say the least. "The Bird's Nest" was just amazing! Some of my favorite moments:
The Fireworks
It was the best show of pyrotechnics I've ever seen
From inside "The Nest"
The "Boxes"
Symbol of Harmony

They flowed like water and made amazing symbols. You thought they were done with computers...but no, these are the artists under the boxes! AMAZING!!
Umbrella Children
Performers display umbrella's with children from different countries

Kung Fu Men

Thousands of martial artists are completely in sync and perform Kung Fu. They do this without any markings on the floor or anything. They only use their relationships between each other and create perfect circles and other designs. This was quite a performance and left you speechless.


Yao Ming and Little Boy

Yao Ming carried China's flag and walked with nine-year-old little boy, Lin Hao. He was a student at a school that was hit by the earthquake a few months ago. This devastating 8.0-magnitude earthquake killed over 69,000 people. Lin risked his life and suffered multiple injuries for rescuing his schoolmates from the collapsed buildings. When asked why he helped his classmates he said “I was the hall monitor, it was my job to look after my classmates…”

USA Entrance
Yes, that is the Pres. in a group shot with some Americans. I loved the hats!

Long journey to torch






With controversies around the world, WE came together last night and the symbol of harmony was felt by all. I am grateful for these moments of peace.

4 comments:

nanamoo said...

All I can say to this blog is ME TOO!

Brianna said...

I know it was so cool. I loved the drummers.

Heidi said...

What a great post!! We also were blown away by the opening ceremonies!! Thanks for the great pictures!

Kirstie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.