Friday, April 10, 2009

Adjusting to a Family of Five

She has been such a wonderful baby and blessing to our family. I have competely fallin in love!!
She sleeps all the time and I even have to wake her up to feed her. She is starting to open her eyes more and focus more on people. I had to take her to the doctor because she had an eye infection, but they gave her some drops and it has already cleared up. I continue the drops for a week and then they will check her to see if she has a clogged tear duct or not. She weighed in at 7lbs. 11 oz. at 1 week old. So she already gained back her birth weight and we know for sure that she is a great little eater.

Gavin has started taking a liking to Perian and gives her kisses and calls her baby all the time. Grace adores her and always "keeps an eye on her" as she says to me. She is a wonderful big sister and helper to Mommy.

Giving his baby sister lots of love!

My Mom has been with me this first week which has been a life saver (I wish she could stay longer). We have even taken the kids out a bit. I would have never done this with Grace (taken her out so early), and thought about it with Gavin, but now I am actually doing it with Perian. I just have to get the older one's out! Now that I am a mother of three, I know she will survive and I am not stupid or anything and letting strangers touch her (or even breathe on her). I keep her nice and hidden:) It's funny because with my first I was so paranoid about keeping her indoors for 6 weeks like the pediatrician recommended, with Gavin I waited three weeks before venturing out, and Perian went to church at 11 days. I couldn't take her to Monkey Joes and then say, no we should wait to take her to church. So off we went and had a wonderful Easter Sunday. I can't believe my little baby is almost 2 weeks old! Now that my Mom is gone, the real adjusting begins.

Having fun!!

Monkey Joes:


Gavin holding up the line on the slide...this was cracking us up!

Lakeshore Learning:

Playing Dress UpMy Little Policeman and AstronautPeek-a-boo Gav!

The Bookstore:

ChuckeCheese: (Kids had fun, but probably won't be going back here anytime soon!)

0 comments: