Saturday, January 12, 2008

Inside My Heart

I have heard so many wonderful things about this book, then my sister-in-law, Alicia, got it for Christmas. I got inspired to get it and finally read it. I have got to tell you, this is one of my favorites. It is about finding your purpose in life and as I was reading it there was a story she was telling and it just hit me and reinterated to me that it is so wonderful to be a Mother and a Wife. It is hard sometimes in the world we live in to get caught up on the idea that we need to be doing 'more'. I love being a mother to Grace and Gavin, and I especially love being a wife to Randy. He truly is my best friend, and I love waking up next to him everyday, thinking how I can make his day even better today. I feel so appreciated and loved and that is just the best feeling in the world. She also talks about why it is so important to take care of yourself; and there is nothing wrong with a little "me" time to spoil yourself too! I recommend this book to every wife and mother to read (if you do, let me know your thoughts too). I was left with a feeling of contentment and appreciation really knowing my purpose in life.

On a side note, have the missionaries contacted Robin? After you read the book you'll know what I mean. But seriously, she lives the word of wisdom, she knows that she has a Heavenly Father that hears and answers her prayers, she strives to keep the commandments, she wants to be with her family forever...does she know that there is a prophet on the earth today, leading and guiding us? Does she know that there is another testament of Jesus Christ? Does she know that families can be together forever? She knows her purpose in life, but does she know that there is more...to return to live with our Heavenly Father and our family FOREVER.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh how I love this book!! You are such a ray of sunshine. An older couple just moved into our ward and they know your family!! I couldn't help but smile as she sat and talked about what wonderful people you and Randy are. I feel special to know you!!

Melody said...

Wow! I would love to read that book. Can I borrow it?

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

I loved the book also, i'm glad you got a chance to read it! What a passion you have for life and yeah know YOU could send her a book of mormon. :) Maybe you are inspired... love ya girl!