"Beloved Church President Gordon B. Hinckley, who led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through 12 years of global expansion, has died at the age of 97. President Hinckley was the 15th President in the 177-year history of the Church and had served as its President since March 12, 1995."
(LDS Newsroom)

I just love this picture of President Hinckley with his wife Marjorie (July 1999). I know he is with his wife who he has missed so much. He is also with many others who he has grown to know and love in his 97 years on the earth. This brings me peace to know he is happy and healthy and also reminds me of our goal here. To return to live with our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful for President Hinckley, for all the service, guidance, and love that he gave to me. He has strengthened my testimony and has made me laugh...what a wonderful man.
Ponce Inlet
4 years ago






3 comments:
I love that picture too. The cowboy hat makes President Hinkley look so happy and full of life and that is just how I would like to remember him..
I haven't seen him smile like that in a long time. That is such a beautiful picture! I bet he looks just as happy as he is in that picture now in heaven. He was so sweet and full of life. I love that picture and I'll miss him terribly, but with no doubt President Monson will be great too!
~megan~
where did you find that...love it!
Post a Comment