Getting Checked In
This week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday Gavin and I went to visit the hospital. He was admitted for two days to monitor for seizure activity. Grace went to stay with her cousin Hunter for a few days and had a blast (thanks so much Aunt Alicia and Uncle Steve).Gavin did great with the whole process and was so sweet. When the EEG Tech came in to put on all the electrodes and everything, he wasn't the happiest camper, but once that was over he did amazing. Along with the head gear, he was also videotaped (which means I was videotaped) on camera and with sound. This was a little freaky at first, having someone listen and watch every move you make, but with time I forgot she was on the floor above us watching in. Little Gav got a reputation around the place for being the cutest baby ever and I think I would have to agree. We had wonderful nurses and they really loved Gavin. The doctor came in each morning and gave the report of the day and any seizure activity. On the final day he explained that Gavin has some abnormal brainwave activity in his frontal cortex, but not to be alarmed (not to be alarmed...does this guy have children-j/k I love his doc). He went on to say that basically it is something he is going to grow out of and the abnormalities are so small this it isn't a concern to him. The spells that were vidoetaped were so short and not going to cause any harm to him. A sigh of relief! My little angel just smiled and played the whole time in the hospital and seemed to be so healthy...and he is!









2 comments:
I'm so glad he's ok! He is the CUTEST baby ever! :)
-Megan B.
yeah for Gavin, we have been thinking about him!!!
Post a Comment