Sunday, February 24, 2008

Granny's In Town


Granny came in town for the weekend to babysit and visit the little ones. We love it when Granny comes and miss her so much when she leaves. Saturday night Randy and I went to Universal (we have season passes) for a few hours and rode some rides. Some real rides! Everytime we go, we are really taking the kids and don't get to ride anything unless it is for those under 36in. Randy had never riden the Hulk, so that was first. We got all bucked up on the ride and I was extremely nervous even though I have riden this rollercoaster hundreds of times before. I thought about it, and I didn't have children when I rode it before. That must be it. Since I have become a mother, I have turned in to such a wimp about things like this. Anyway, I was going to ride this rollercoaster. I turned over to Randy before we took off and told him, "I am probably going to scream a lot." I felt like we were dating again and he was learning something new about me. We have been married for almost 5 years and have never been on a rollercoaster together. It was kind of weird, but really fun too. This ride is so awesome and Randy and I had a blast.

Next, we rode Spiderman and that was really cool too. So, after Spiderman we both looked at each other and could tell we were both done. I know you would think we would be all over the park riding tons of rides but we both get headaches easy and we knew we were done with the rides. The kiddy rides aren't so bad after all. We then went over to the other park to go to the Third Eye Blind concert. It was so much fun and brought back some high school/college memories for us both. Thanks Granny for all your help and for letting us have a wonderful date. I just adore my sweet Husband.


After the Hulk On the Spiderman Ride At the Concert
Singing "Graduate"


2 comments:

Brianna said...

COOL! I love the hulk. Universal is such a cool place! It sounds like you had soooooo much fun!

Jamie said...

the last time i felt like that was at my friends wedding. my first real time away from my motherly duties. it's fun to have a night away every now and then!