Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Weekend at the Beach

We spent Friday and Saturday at New Smyrna Beach. The kids loved the pool (of course, we swim a lot at home) but it was really neat to see them play at the beach. Gavin was crawling all over the sand and even straight into the ocean. He would turn around with this huge smile on his face and just loves the beach. Grace is starting to like it a little better too. As a baby, Grace HATED the sand and the snow. Something to do with the texture, but Randy teases that she doesn't like to get dirty. It's true though, she really doesn't like to get all messy and stuff. Anyway, she likes the beach now and had fun collecting sea shells.
When we eat dinner we talk about our favorite part of the day and ask each other questions about our day. Saturday, when we asked Grace what her favorite part of the day was, she said: Playing in the pool with Dad and collecting sea shells with Dad. Where was I? LOL! I would love to show you cute pic's but my camera died as soon as we got there. I was so sad:( Randy took a candid shot of me and Grace and thats all I got. I will get lots more next time...we had so much fun and are definitely spending lots of time at the beach this summer.
While I was packing, Grace was jumping around our bed in her swimsuit shouting how excited she is about going to the beach.

3 comments:

Megan said...

LOOOOVE THE PICTURES!! ;)

-megan

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun! I love the beach. I think we're going this weekend. Can't wait!!

Jamie said...

cute pics of grace jumping in excitement. it's always nice to have a little family getaway!