Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Cookies



I really love baking, and especially on Sunday. Grace is such a good helper in the kitchen and today we made pecan lace cookies...she could hardly wait to eat them. I'll have to say they were really good and would be good as an ice-cream topper too.

8 comments:

nanamoo said...

sounds yummy...i wish i was there eating them with you!

Megan said...

that is so funny! we made cookies too! LOL. wierd! :O i love the pictures! ;)

-megan

Jamie said...

grace is so pretty! what's the recipe?

Ashlea said...

tsp. (or so) of orange zest (I use a little more).
1/2 c unsalted butter
3/4 c lt. brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 rolled oats
1/4 c chopped pecans

*Heat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parch. paper.
*Cream butter and sugar (3min. or so); beat in flour, salt, milk; add vanilla and orange zest; stir in oats and pecans.
*Scoop tiny balls-1 in. leaving plenty of space between them.
*Bake 10 min. (edges are dark golden color)
*Transfer parch. paper on wire rack and let cookies cool for a few minutes. Then lift parch. paper and remove cookies and let them cool on countertop another 5 min. or so.

Really Yummy!!

Jamie said...

thank you!

Kirstie said...

well actually my mom and I made them but it was saturday

kirstie

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

They sound delish! We'll have to try making them sometime.