We had a really fun, relaxing weekend (except for the Gators losing Sat., and we're not gonna talk about that). Randy, Grace, Gavin, and I ran errands on Saturday morning. We even went to JoAnns to look for some fabric and Randy agreed to come along. It was a really big help as he entertained Grace and Gavin while I looked and even gave his opinion on a few things. Then we went to the Craft Fair downtown and saw a lot of really neat things. We lived right in the midst of the festivals for 3 years and this is our first year having to worry about parking and stuff. Luckily, we had great neighbors that took care of us. Both Randy and I can say for sure, that the best part of the festivals is with out a doubt...the Kettle Korn. It's soooo good. Is that why Randy comes along?
After that, we headed home and watched orange&blue lose, oh ya, we're not talking about that. Granny came into town this weekend for a family history conference. She was gone all day and came home about the same time we did. We hung out, and Grace, Granny & I made some pumpkin topiary for her and Gavin. I just love home made decorations, especially when Grace and Gavin can leave their little marks on them and they really look "homemade." A few weeks ago Grace and I did paper mache and made pumpkins. She is really into crafts and stuff and loves to paint
Grace and Her Paper Mache Pumpkin

Home Made Pumpkins...just love um.
Our Pumpkin Topiaries; One's Grace's and the other one is Gavin's. They each put their thumb print on them and each year I will add a print...well until they'll let me.
Later that night we made a cookie and brownie dessert shaped like a pumpkin, ate some more kettle korn, watched a movie, and just relaxed. 
Sunday we went to church and had a linger longer afterwards. We worked on some family history stuff with Granny. It was a fun and relaxing weekend!!






4 comments:
i want to learn how to make paper mache pumpkins!
Grace is so pretty!
Grace is so beautiful! Gavin is so sweet, handsome, and has such a CHEEZY smile. Before you know it they will be grown and have some little copper tops themselves! lol!!!!!!
-Megan Berge
Oh my goodness! I LUUUUV that picture of Gavin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment