So I know that this war we are in has hit home for many people, and affected many families with the loss of loved ones. I never truly understood the effects of this war, operation freedon, until it affected MY family. October 10, 2006 we got the dreadful news that my Uncle Scott had been killed in combat. He was a special force ranger serving in Afghanistan, and had been serving our country for the past 20 years. He left behind my Aunt Jodi (of 18 years), and my two cousins Casey (11) and Sidney(7). This is a picture of him with Gracie before he left for his last mission. I know Grace won't remember him, but at least I can show her that HE knew her and got to play with her. As for Gavin and the rest of my children they will have to get to know him through our stories and memories that are VERY alive. We will always remember him for the amazing legacy he has left behind and life that he lived. He truly gave the ultimate sacrafice for us all, and we will always honor him. Thank you for our freedon and until we meet again...We love you Uncle Scott.
Ponce Inlet
4 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment