Monday, December 3, 2007

ICE

This weekend we went to Gaylord Palms to see ICE and take part in all their Christmas festivities. ICE was really neat and really cold. They make more than 2 million pounds of ice and put together huge Christmas statues (clear and some were in color). It was really incredible and while you walk thru the exhibit it is only 9 degrees. Pretty Chilly!! Grace's favorite was the Chew Chew Train and Randy and I really loved the Nativity Scene. They even had slides for the children to go down. Gavin slept the entire walk thru, but started waking up at the end...I think the 9 degrees was starting to get to him.

We also went ice skating, made Gingerbread houses with the chefs, ate really really good food, and watched their Christmas show (which was more like Def Leppard introduces Christmas, and nothing against Def Leppard but not for a family Christmas show). We had a wonderful time relaxing and spending time together. My Mom, Stepdad, and sister were all their too. All the Christmas fun brings families together. Don't you just love Christmas time?

PS- Unfortunately my camera battery died as soon as I got it out to take the first picture. I was so sad, not even one pic and there were so many kodak moments:( I'll try to get some from my Mom, because the ICE was really beautiful.

1 comments:

Melody said...

Sure does sound like it was fun. One of these days I'll get down there to see it too.
Yes, Def Leppard is not for a family Christmas show in my opinion either. However, in high school I thought they were kind of cool.