Friday, April 4, 2008

Grace Is Running Away



I was talking with Grace today and trying to explain about conference and how we are going to sustain a new prophet. She had a lot of questions. Since President Hinkley passed away we have told her that Thomas S. Monson is our new prophet. When she says her prayers she still prays for "Prophet Gordon B. Hinkley" as she says. She will add Monson but has never forgetten Hinckley.
Mommy: We have a new prophet now, and his name is Thomas S. Monson
Grace: What happend to Prophet Hinckley?
Mommy: He got really old and passed away and went to live with Jesus.
Grace: I am getting bigger and I want to run away with Jesus too.
Mommy: No, you are just a little girl and are going to stay here with Mommy, Daddy, and Gavin for a really long time. But one day you will see Jesus.
I just adore my sweet Grace and am gratful to know I will have her with me forever. She is just a sweet little spirit (feisty at times, too) and I am gratful to be her Mommy.

1 comments:

nanamoo said...

I love reading your blog and those sweet, sweet stories.