Thursday, July 24, 2008

No Monkeying Around


Well, we went to the Circus today with the kids. I'm not so sure you would call it that because these were the only monkey's there - but that's what the library called it. We actually got kicked out of the "circus" today and I was a little glad. It was a sweet effort for these two men to try and entertain the children but there are a few things they could do little better next time.
my cute little monkey


Good Things:

1)Pretty Curtain

2)Cool Costumes-minus the eyeball head


Not so Good Things:


1) Entered wearing a giant eyeball on his head and totally freaked out half the children.


once children stopped crying...


2) Balanced clear balls on his hands for over 5 minute- kinda lost the kids attention there

3) Dropping the clear balls. I would totally feel sorry for him but it really wasn't a hard trick.

4)) Forgetting his items behind the curtain and pausing in the middle of the magic trick

5) Indirectly asking someone to leave because his/her child was scared/crying - which he caused.


Yes, we were kindly asked to leave because we were making noise. And of course, we were in the front row and had to walk passed everyone to exit. It all happened when Grace got really scared as he turned up his mic and blew in it and he kept looking over at us and making comments that he could not go on if the noise continued...this was my cue. I actually was not embarrassed but relieved because even Grace and Gavin were getting bored. I think I saw looks of "can you take me with you" as I left because other mom's wanted to be kicked out too. The only sad part about leaving was Grace asking me, "Mom, where are the Spider Monkeys?" To which I had to tell her maybe next time.


3 comments:

Wise Family said...

I am so happy you joined the monkey club... Gavin looks cute with it on and anytime he needs walked let me know and Payton will do it for you.

I wish I would have been with you today because I would have told the guy that his show was stupid;).

Megan said...

wow, kicked out? that is so dumb. i cant believe they kick little kids out of a library. im sure everyone in the crowd was waiting for it to end so they could bolt out of the door. so you guys got lucky ;)

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...

Now that's funny!! At first I was thinking that I'm glad I happened to miss out on that library show (you know we're usually there too)...but then I thought...dang, that would've been funny to see you guys get scolded & then leave (& I mean that in the most empathetic, caring, funny, sort-of way of course). You can't win 'em all when it's free entertainment I suppose.