
When we are traveling in the car, trying to get from point A to point B, there lots of different activities that the kids like to do. Here is a list in no particular order:
-Singing songs- from a cd, but then that leads to requests which are much more fun
-Grace like to tell us about our favorite colors- mine is green, Daddy's is blue, Gavin's is "probably yellow", and Grace's is Pink (of course).
-Dancing to music
-Playing with Toys- Sunglasses are their favorites
-Eating Snacks (goldfish, pretzels, craisins, etc.) /Juice
-Listen to "quiet" music
-Play I spy
-Watch a Movie- right now 'Charlie and Lola' is "definitely their most favorite and very best."
-Watch a Movie- right now 'Charlie and Lola' is "definitely their most favorite and very best."
Recently adding to our list is finding "pictures in the clouds," as Grace calls it. Grace is in LOVE with the clouds and talking about the day and the night. It's really neat to see her imagination just go when she comes up with the silliest things. Then when she finds something so hilarious, her contagious laugh spreads to us all.
A pig with six legsSometimes I think of the car as a time for the children to play by themselves or a time to get my phone calls made. After this post I realize that my job doesn't end in the car either and the mothering just keeps on going. Whether we are singing songs, spying something, or finding a pig in the sky, we are still learning, growing, playing...much to do about everything.






2 comments:
I love the pig with six legs! Your kids are so much fun no matter what they're doing! They are so adorable.
That is such a cute picture, and even more cute that you got out of the care to take it!!! I love the reminder to keep on playing...even in the car. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment