Sunday, July 13, 2008

Released

I was released from Primary today. I have served in our ward primary for four years now and have enjoyed every single minute of it. It is a strange feeling or adjustment not planning a lesson for them or thinking of their needs. I guess it is going to take a little time and getting used to. It is the only place where you get to sing Christmas Bells, in July ... which we did last Sunday by request from a sweet little girl and it is one of my favorites. I have watched the nursery become little sunbeams and other children develop into young men and young women. I love all of our children and hope I have made an impact on them and their testimonies. I hope I have reminded them enough that they each are a child of God. Just becasue I am not down the hall in my "home" away from home, I will keep reminding them. They have taught me so much and are the purest and sweetest examples. I also am truly going to miss the "girls." Melody, Mary and Maria are great women with such strong testimonies of the gospel. I am blessed to have served with them and have felt the spirit every single Sunday with them. This is a great work and I will serve where the Lord wants me to serve.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! I am sure that the Primary will miss you so much! That must be so sad for the kids to lose you. Sad! Somewhere else will be very lucky to have you though.

Melody said...

You are the best! We will miss you and your amazing testimony so much.
You have been an amazing teacher, nursery leader, counselor and friend. Thank you so much for your example and love to me and the children.

Wise Family said...

I know how hard it is to get released from a calling that you love so much. It is a great feeling though that we love what and who we are asked to serve. You're such a great example to not only the children but everyone else around you.

Alicia said...

Wow, what a surprise to read your blog... you will be missed so much and I know you have left a special mark with those precious children of God. The lord is proud to have valent leaders and you will be great no matter where you serve.. RS president maybe.. LOL .. I love ya sistah!

Mary said...

Ashlea, your testimony and sweet spirit have left a mark in each of the children's hearts and ours. You have done such an amazing job in the short time that I have worked with you. I will miss you much. You will now get the opportunity to touch other people's hearts and lives. Maybe it's the Youths turn.

Megan said...

You are so good with kids. They will miss you so much. You did a good job in that calling!