For Thanksgiving we rented an RV and went to Lindin, Virginia to my Aunts House. There was nine of us in our RV and then my Grandparents were in one too, then we met my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins in Virginia, right outside Fort Royal or about 45 min. from DC. It was so much fun having us all together (about 18 of us); fixing Thanksgiving dinner, playing games, and going hiking were some highlights.
My family has a tradition of playing guestures when we get together, girls vs. boys, and every year we are pretty competitive about who wins. This past March, we were in Vermont skiiing and the girls had a big loss (it wasn't even close). We had to run out in the snow and make snow angels, BAREFOOT. So this year we had to redeem ourselves...and we did.
We went hiking up skyline drive, which is a really amazing drive if you don't get car sick. I unfortunately get really car sick so it was a little torcherous for me, but the rest of the crew had a blast. You won't find any pictures of the view because I usually take all the pics and I was a little out of commission.
The trip up and back, in the RV, was really one of the funnest times we have had together. We took our time and spent two days going up there. We packed tons of food and snacks. We ordered ahead to Cracker Barrel and picked it up, and did the same with pizza. We played guitar hero III (which I got pretty good at), other games, watched a few movies, relaxed and spent quality time together. Definitely the way to travel. There were a few minor set backs along the way. When we arrived in Virginia we went up into the mountains and my Aunt lives off a pretty steep road. Yes, we got stuck and it was a little scary at first but I had confidence in the boys that they would get us out and they did. Then on the way home we accidently unhooked the sewer line instead of the water line and had a little accident on the road. This was incredibly disgusting because for some reason it made the RV spell for hours. My Mom and I had every spelly thing we could find going, candles (I know not too safe, but we were desperate), sprays, etc. Nothing worked...it was really gross. Then just time healed us all.
I will never forget this trip and I hope we do it again in the future. Such wonderful memories, that I am very thankful for.








5 comments:
Looks like fun. Where did you go?
I enjoyed all the pictures!!! It looks like you had so much fun!
looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. The pictures are great!
I am glad you guys had a blast for Thanksgiving!
-megan berge
Okay. Did you have all of that written the whole time and I missed it? I look like such an idiot!
Post a Comment