Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Results

The Neurologist called us today to give us Gavin's results and I missed her phone call...I hurried to call them back and then had to leave a message. 30 minutes later they called back, but what a long half hour for Mommy.

They said that the EEG was "normal", but that he never fell asleep during the test and to get an accurate reading they should test his brainwaves awake and asleep. That would have been nice for the tech to take care of on the first EEG, right? She said we could keep an eye on him for any more seizures or make an appointment to do a FULL EEG. We decided to do the full EEG (of course), which consists of two days in the hospital being monitored during all phases awake, tired, asleep, etc. We will do this in Jan., and keep an eye on him until then. I still feel comfortable that he is healthy and am focusing on the fact that he did get good results in. I love my little boy so much!!

4 comments:

Rhea said...

Thats great news!!I am so glad to hear that the EEG turned out so well. I think that it is smart to do the full EEG just for peace of mind. Isnt it nice to find out that they needed him to be asleep after the test was finished, I don't know why they leave stuff like that out... we will keep you guys in our prayers..

Melody said...

Good news, good news.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

So happy to hear the great report. I really have a good feeling Ashlea. We love and think of you alot. Petyon talks about baby Grace and Gavin all the time. We love you all so much.

Laura