Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Palm Beach Gardens

We went on a mini vacation and traveled down to Palm Beach Gardens for a few days. We left after church on Sunday and Randy and I were really hoping they would take a nap and sleep on the drive. That isn't too much to ask for and they are usually exhausted when we leave church since Gav doesn't get a nap in during any of the meetings and Grace is due for her afternoon nap. We loaded them up, I started passing out little snacks and stuff and then I turned around to distribute a PB&J and they had both passed out asleep. I was so excited!! They slept the whole way.

This describes are getaway pretty well. I thought the kids did well...for traveling. I think my kids just do better with their night routine when they are at home. Gav loves his crib and it is hard to replace it, but the the little crib in our room did pretty well. Grace got to sleep in a great big bed all by herself, just like at home. The room was right behind the pool and the kids loved to wake up and look out the door and Grace would talk about all the fun they would have that day in the pool. It was beautiful and more importantly we got to spend some time with family too. Gavin doing the Frankenstein walk

Grandpa, Grace, and Mason
Me, Dylan, Mason, Grace, and Grandpa


Grandby and Grace
Grace and her new friend at the kiddie pool
Grace playing "don't touch the ground" on the lobby furniture.

Monday night we went to a baseball game and we all took a shuttle ride over to the stadium and as soon as we arrived it started to sprinkle. We thought it might let up, just being hopeful...it just got worse. I think we endured hurricane force winds and torrential rain. Fortunately we had a shelter area with food and drinks to hang out in, but it was pretty scary. Needless to say, we didn't get to see the game, but on a positive note there was a restaurant across the street and it had the BEST wings.
That is the great part about being on vacation, it is just fun to be there and be together. Thanks Dad, Carol, Mason, and Dylan for a great time. We relaxed, swam, and endured a mini hurricane together...and we had the best time.


1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love the picture of Gavin and his monster walk. He is too cute!