Thursday, June 19, 2008

VT Message

The Gospel of Jesus Christ teaches the reality of our premortal existence. I was really touched by this months visiting teaching message. As I was reading it a few things really stuck out to me:

"...you were taught and prepared for the circumstances you would personally encounter in mortality." (Richard G. Scott)

Each circumstance I face, I have been trained for...this knowledge is such a comfort for me and a reminder that the Lord knows us and is always here for us.

"Women have distinct assignments given to them from before the foundation of the world." (Julie B. Beck)

I know sometimes I get caught up in the day-to-day activities, needs of our home, needs of my family, etc. and might start to think, "Is this what I am supposed to be doing right now? Should I be doing something more important?" That is the exact moment that I need to remind myself of the great responsibility I have to raise my children in righteousness. I am arming them with the "tools" they need; And what is more important than that? I know that one of my assignments was to be a mother and this short passage has reminded me of that wonderful responsibility. I am so grateful for my two children and blessed to care for them, watch over them, and teach them. I am grateful for Relief Society and the knowledge we are privileged to that helps sustain us each day. I am grateful for this sweet gospel and the sisters I get to share it with.

0 comments: